Couples are always looking for cost-saving tips while planning their wedding (hey, things add up!). Below are Bloomerent’s suggestions on ways to cut costs while still having the blooms of your dreams on your big day.
- Share your flowers with Bloomerent! Sharing your flowers is the easiest way to have beautiful fresh flowers at your event while having the option to save money. When you head to Bloomerent.com, you have the option to be the first or second event. As the first event, you find and book your florist through Bloomerent and have complete creative control of your flowers. After you choose your centerpieces, Bloomerent lists them on our website for another event to reuse the next day. If another event chooses to use them second, you will get 10% back. As the second event, you head to Bloomerent.com and browse our reused floral marketplace for centerpieces available in your weekend (and save 40%-60%). Flowers have a lifespan of 3-14 days and both events work directly with the florist, so your flowers always look perfect.
- Only work with in-season flowers. Many couples make the mistake of walking into their florist meetings with very specific flowers in mind. If you’re on a budget, the best mindset to have is a flexible one. Tell your florist what flowers you like, show them pictures, and then ask them what seasonal options they would suggest to keep the cost down. For example, if you know you want peonies, January is not your month.
- Repurpose your bridesmaids bouquets from the ceremony to the reception. If you’re already having low arrangements on the table, ask your florist to repurpose the bridesmaids bouquets as centerpieces before your guests enter the reception. You can also reuse their bouquets to decorate your sweetheart table.
- Add Greenery. Have a lot of greenery in your arrangements or opt for a green floral table runner. Having fresh flowers at your wedding or event doesn’t mean you need 20+ flowers in a centerpiece to make it look stunning. Opting for more greenery and fewer buds in your centerpieces will keep the cost down while still allowing your arrangements to look lush and full.
- Go local with your flower choice. Similarly to choosing out of season blooms, choosing rare varieties of flowers that need to be shipped from across seas have a higher price tag. Start your meeting by asking your florist what local flower varieties you can consider for your blooms and you will immediately begin to cut costs.