Our co-founder, Danit Zamir, explains what she looks for when she signs a Bloomerent florist to our community and why.
I didn’t know where to start once I became engaged and began to plan our wedding. Specifically, I wasn’t familiar with what things should cost, especially flowers. What I did know was that I had standards for who I was going to book as my florist and that I’d leave most of the creative control up to them since I didn’t have a strong preference. For me, it was important to know that I was working with a great florist who I could trust to deliver fresh, quality flowers and a beautiful display. Still, my flowers came at a steep price for someone with no preference. I would have loved to reuse someone else’s vision for a fraction of the cost and the same quality and florist.
I love getting to find and speak to new florists every day and make sure that our customers are always going to be in great hands when booking a Bloomerent florist, no matter who they choose or where they live.
Here are the top 5 things I look for in a Bloomerent florist:
- Response Rate
- I value other people’s time and I do my best to show this by replying to every email I get in a timely manner. I expect the same when choosing a florist. While taking into consideration that florists are busiest on the weekends and the 1-2 days leading up to it, I expect a response within 48-72 hours of sending my email, even if it’s just to tell me that they will get back to me at a later time. If a florist doesn’t reply to an email in that time frame, it immediately makes me feel like customers won’t be able to rely on them to respond in a timely manner when they are planning their wedding. In many cases, florists will have an auto-reply on to let customers know that they are busy for wedding prep and when they will reply. Otherwise, I don’t want to feel like I’m chasing someone to allow me to give them my hard-earned money.
- Customer Reviews
- What are other people saying about their experience with you? Were they happy? Was the delivered product what was discussed in meetings? I check every single review available online before ever contacting a florist.
- Past Work
- I always review photos of past work to get an idea of what the florist can do. Customers want to see photos of the what the florist has done in the past, especially to see if they’ve done anything that’s similar to their vision.
- Online Presence
- This one’s tricky. I say that because not having a strong online presence doesn’t say anything about the ability of a florist or their great work and service; however, most customers want to see a website and presence on some, or all, social media platforms for their vendors. Our preference is always to work with florists who have a strong online presence but it’s not a requirement if everything else is met.
- Something I learned at the very start of Bloomerent was that most florists already return to venues after events because the vases are rented. When they return to pick up the rented vases, they also pick up any leftover flowers. When I speak to florists, I always ask them if they do this, because it immediately lets me know that they know exactly how to make sure that every second event will have a great experience and beautiful flowers.
It’s important to note that florists work so hard and it often goes unnoticed by customers until they see it first-hand upon meeting with and booking a florist. There is a lot that goes into creating your perfect event blooms, beyond arranging them for hours (think sourcing the flowers, ordering, delivery, dealing with anything that goes wrong, labor, delivery, setup, to name a few). Just as we value our customers choosing a great florist and having the best experience, we also educate our customers to understand florist pricing and creating a happy experience for the florist, too.
Do you know a florist who would be a great fit for Bloomerent? Let us know!